ebded. internal and Kroger has 300,000 employees, needed to upgrade Tableau Server, and engineer their highest exposure reports in Tableau Desktop! We helped Kroger mitigate project downtime by 100%, played proxy between the Business & IT, and upgraded Tableau Server.
Tyler enjoyed working onsite at Kroger in the Ohio office. He worked on a diverse team of developers, data architects, DBA’s and interfaced directly with a team of 20 business analysts and executives.
Tyler carried the weight of good and bad news between IT and the business, helping each team understand the limitations of Tableau before further downtime was generated, while helping generate net new reports to better help the business see and understand their pricing data!
Working together as a team, Tyler worked 1on1 and in scrum meetings to better understood the requirements and data relationships necessary to architect many data sources into a single understandable data model. Tyler helped between the ETL team and the front-end developers, with ad-hoc training, tips, and hands on developing.
- Tyler Garrett helped Kroger generate the first major Tableau dashboarding push
- Worked 1 on 1 with Tableau Server admins to ensure they understand how to upgrade, maintain, and automate administrative scripts
- Worked collaboratively with IT managers, environment admins & network engineers to mitigate Tableau Server errors
- Supporting multiple tableau developers and ETL pro’s during two consecutive sprints.
- Removed slow project burdens by establishing simple workflow algorithms to help the team avoid break fix stops.
- Built dashboards and helped tableau developers with incoming requirement changes and workarounds to product limitations.
Tyler helped with Tableau Server errors, developing, and training. Before the first engagement ended, Kroger requested Tyler stick around! To ensure success, Tyler quit his Tableau Customer Conference duties and stayed another week in Ohio to continue helping the Kroger team with their Tableau purchase and helped train many internal and external engineers while onsite.